Thursday, July 16, 2009

Branching out, finding time

Never enough time! I feel that the days are going by too quickly here of late and I am not getting enough done! I took a small break from my Itsybitsy store to focus on the mundane things of life. Sometimes you need that, mentally and creatively. Now that I am refocused I feel afresh with new ideas. Unfortunately I don't have the time to devote to these ideas right now. I have a busy weekend ahead of me and it's only Thursday, but the next few days will be busy. My idea for now is to do what I cringe at: make a list. I'm hoping that by doing this I won't lose sight of the goals I would like to accomplish. So here goes, until I have the time to sit and do these things:
  1. Create calling cards.
  2. Create folded gift tags.
  3. Create a girl three piece alphabet nursery print.
  4. Create my own business cards.
  5. Create flyers for Itsybitsy.
  6. Create marketing packages for companies- this will be a long time in coming.
I have gone back and forth with several marketing ideas to help bring in more visitors to my shop. The only thing keeping me is the fact that I have a day job- my 'real' job. If I do market and pick up more customers do I have the time to complete orders right now? I guess the answer to that is do I want to devote time to filling orders right now? I have read stories of so many other entrepreneurs starting out in the beginning and over and over it is repeated that they had to work like a dog in the beginning of their business before it was productive. I realize it takes a long time before you can sit back (so to speak) and relax in the realization that your company is productive. So my biggest obstacle is myself.
I also don't want to get burnt out- jumping into this means being involved with my designs on a daily basis, and I really enjoy designing everything right now. It would make me sad to think I no longer enjoy it. My faith comes into this side of it, I truly am trusting in the Lord to provide guidance in all my ways. "In all thy ways acknowledge Him and he shall direct thy paths".
So I will keep working on my shop as I find blocks of time, and I will slowly work on a marketing plan. In the meantime I am reading more books about small business and I'll share what I learn if I feel it's worth sharing! Oh the joys of self doubting!

No comments:

Post a Comment